He's based off of the original chat bot, ELIZA.
I have/had a lot of thoughts of the direction I could take this in, but I wanted to get a version 1.0 all wrapped up and released before taking on other challenges.
You can chat with Jarvis at: www.mobeamer.com/lab/jarvis/
Some fun facts:
- Jarvis was named after the AI in Iron Man
- My 11 year old son, taught Jarvis a few key sayings
- Sometimes Jarvis is incredibly stupid
- Jarvis has a fully built out relationship model for words, key phrases and responses.
- Jarvis can learn from chatting with other users
- Allow Jarvis to "read" or learn from websites (Wikipedia)
- Allow Jarvis to formulate higher "concepts" where responses are all connected via a single word or key phrase.
- Allows users to chat with other users and Jarvis at the same time and ask them to spot Jarvis in the crowd
- Allow Jarvis to get happier the longer someone chats with him
- Add some type of visual representation of Jarvis