Last Good Quote: Son's are the seasoning on our lives. - Someone on Facebook

Friday, February 20

To My Future Self

I was listening to The Tim Ferris Show, a set of podcast interviews with interesting folks. He was talking with Peter Diamandis,  the guy that ran the first Xprize.

He made three very interesting statement.And I paraphrase...

First: Think about what you enjoyed when you were a kid. What did you love to do and were passionate about it. Find a way to do that today. This will be your passion.
Second: What can you build that will impact a billion people?
Third: What can you do that will be remembered 200 years from now? 
The focus is to think BIG. Not incremental, not next new thing, but different...dramatically different.

You know, I love what I do. I'm very good at what I do. But I feel like my talent is wasted. I can be building something that will change the world. I have it in me.

My most compelling excuse...I get paid to well to stop doing what I do now and start doing what I was meant to do.

I would say it is sad, but I in actuality it's just reality.

But I want to say to my future self, think on this, perhaps there is a way that you can start small on this world changing idea.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers